Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday at Spa Martinez

The morning began with sleeping in (at least for me that was the case). Susan woke a little after seven to tackle the day. The bruising from around her neck is healing quite well; an indication that we believe is the gradual increase of her platelets. A good sign in preparation for next Friday's chemo.


That afternoon, Susan received a hand massage with the finest lotion meticulously plucked from Walgreens inventory, a shampooing from her mother, and a rare back massage from her husband.


I'm putting up quite the sweat for the love of my life. Susan seems well pleased, not to mention refreshed from my labors.

The day ends with the finest cuisine of frijoles barrachos (my recipe) and Mexican rice. Kari and Kay bought chicken fajitas from Escalantes. It was quite the feast. Now Susan is ready to call it in with a movie (Hairspray) and a small cup of ginger and peach tea. What a life.

5 comments:

Kaylee said...

Geez Ray!!!

The Martinez Spa....I need to talk to Mike, there has never been a "walstad spa" over here!! :) Way to go!! I'm sure Susie LOVED it!!
First you are the "spa-master" AND you then you blogged!! YOU are the BEST! I am hopeful the healing of her neck is indicitive of the platelets. We are praying that all will be a GO on Friday! Can't wait to see you all and give you a GIANT hug!! XOXOXO Kaylee, Mike, Ash and Alex

Koo-Koo said...

Sounds like a great business idea...SPA MARTINEZ!!! I think Ray has a real talent for back massages...he truly worked up a sweat for his loved one yesterday!!!

Anonymous said...

Spa treatment, sounds great drink it in Susie! Keep up the great spa treatment Ray , I know Susie will benefit by it ! Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic Sat. Spa and movie. Yes.

KT

Anonymous said...

Wowsa! Ray, you're the best - I'm going to have to have a talk with my husband Ole lol! Sue you keep on keepin on to get better. I know your determination and all of us praying will bring about great results. Love you kiddo - Keep the Faith Baby! Gina