Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Dad's Update for Wed

Update for today:

This has been a very productive rehab day, for the first time this afternoon when I would lift Sue up from the couch or chaise lounge, she was helping with her legs doing a small portion of the help. Up until then she realy had very little strength in her arms or legs. She walks all by herself to the bathroom and back also. We have set a tentitive goal of walking out on the patio and sitting in the swing tomorrow. So Sue is a little tired as she has been sitting up quite a bit today Hooooray. Your coming down on the 19th has been a motivating factor as she wants to be walking around by then. She is so darn brave and couragious, it is inspiring to me. So there you are. take care.

Love Dad

Kaylee's note-

Sue said she is feeling alot better and getting stronger, for those of you praying for Sue (and we thank you so much!) Please pray for her strength and for her great attitude and that the Lord will heal her from this!! It is so healing just to be at home with her husband and cats and my dad is there to help (and he has helped a TON and mom comes to help also during the day and the two of them are giving her amazing care -per Sue!!)

We'll continue to keep you updated!! Thanks for checking on Sue! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,

Just came back from Catherine's and Howie's for dinner and wanted to check in on you. Sounds like you are gaining some strength and able to walk more on your own. What great news. We pray that each day will keep getting better and that by the time Kaylee and Mike get there you will be a lot stronger. Hope you can get out on your patio tomorrow Sue and maybe enjoy some sunshine which should feel good. We have been getting some warmer weather and rain today so hope by the end of the week the snow will be gone. Have another productive day tomorrow. So glad your mom and dad are there to help and be with you during the day. Keep the smile on your face and the determination to keep getting better. You are an inspiration to many Sue. It has been said that your attitude determines your altitude and that sure is seen in you. Have a good day tomorrow and we continue to pray for healing in your body.


Love and prayers,

Pat

Taunter said...

Susan -

Just heard the news from Kaylee - thanks for having her call me! I've passed the news on to Kari, Joe and David D... Also, called Mom and Dad so I could get them started praying for your speedy recovery! You know what prayer warriors they are... and I'm sure they'll get the rest of their buddies in Tucson to join in as well so get ready for a new wave of prayer power! :) I'm going to call tomorrow - see if I can stop by... I have some great books I don't think you've read and that I'm sure you'd like... Mom suggested I cook something for you, Ray, your mom and dad (she asked if I have a Betty Crocker cookbook - which I do) but that would probably be more detrimental than helpful... Still, y'know I'm a mean baker! Let me know if I can make you something to tempt your palate... made with lotsa love, dontcha know! :) Please know... if you or Ray or your parents need ANYTHING... need me to run errands, pick up groceries, dinner, whatever - I'm at your disposal... Just have someone give me a call...
Lastly... please know I love you and I'm praying for you, Ray and your family. You are - always have been - one of the most amazing people I've ever met and I'm blessed to be part of your life. Your mom is right - you've always taken care of all of us... let us now be there for you, 'k? All of my love & prayers, Deb (Taunter)