Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Hero

Forget Chuck Norris; to heck with Jet Li; there is no greater hero in my book than my wife. Say what you will, but for what Susan endured this far, and what she's about to tackle head-on, nobody has shown me more courage than her.

I am inspired by her strength and her can-do attitude. It makes me a little teary-eyed to have this tiny hero stand up to this monster and show it a thing or two. Her strength gives me strength, and it gives me the ability to see the sunlight beyond this temporary overcast.

I know she will overcome this disease. She has the will and the desire. And when she's all healed up, we're going to New Orleans to celebrate.

I love her, and I have even further reason to love her even more.

Ray

4 comments:

Koo-Koo said...

I agree with you 100% Ray!! My sister is incredibly STRONG WILLED!! I know she is tough and will persevere in this battle!!!

Love you Sue and I am praying that your chemo goes well today!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue & Ray, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we know you will make that New Orleans trip together! Hope the chemo goes smoothly. Both Mike and I got a tear in our eye reading your note Ray, with your love and support Sue can champion through this disease. Love, Aunt Karen & Uncle Mike

Anonymous said...

Ray:

We are so thankful for the love and happiness you have shared with Sue, we are blessed to have you in our family.
I know you will be strong in this journey with Sue, I am proud to Say Ray is My son in law.

Doug

Steven and Calli said...

Sue,
It is really nice to see you smile in your blog. You have such a loving bunch of family and friends. Calli and I continue to pray for your total recovery and for your family. Remember that God is always near and cares for you.

Love,
Steven and Calli Walstad