Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Y'all!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there:

I went to church with my mom today. It was a beautiful service, and it was nice to sit in a church again. I told my mom that she couldn’t cry as that would make me cry and set me off in a coughing fit. Fortunately she complied, even though they kicked off the service with “How Great Though Art”. After church we returned home to enjoy a fabulous Shirley’s Brunch that Koo-Koo made us along with crispy hash browns ala Doug. After we finished eating, my mom opened all her gifts, and said she had a lovely mother’s day, and her kids spent way too much money on her – and I hope it meant that she felt spoiled as she so deserves. I hope all of you moms have had a special Mother’s Day as well.

Mom, Kari, and I pose outside next to one of Mom's gifts - a blooming hibiscus plant.




Tomorrow we’ll be calling the doctor’s office for the insurance clearance for the chemo. We are hopeful that it will be Monday or Tuesday. Also, I have my heart test on Tuesday morning, and a follow up appointment with Dr. Nguyen on Friday. So it will be a busy appointment week at our house.

Please keep your prayers and good thoughts coming as they are very much appreciated, and very much needed.

Praying for God’s special blessing for all of you, and wishing you all a wonderful week.

Susan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue, So happy to hear that your chemo has been approved and will proceed. The picture of you,Kari, and your Mom is appreciated-you all look great!Your Mom deserves a bunch of hugs-a nurse at work and a nurse with TLC for you too!! Had a great dinner with Michelle,Pete,Harper,and Hawken-got some Twins fans items- hat and coffee mug. Mike and I are Twins fans -enjoyed dugout box seats with Mike's sister Kathy and Bob in April-plan to see a few games again this year.Happy Mom's Day to all mothers. May God contiue to be your rock. Love,Auntie Karen & Uncle Mike

Kaylee said...

SUE!

Thanks so much for the update and for making mom's Mother's Day special! I so wish I coulod have been there, I wished for Dorothy's shoes and clicking my heels would have magically brought me there for the day!! :) We are praying like crazy and I will check in tomorrow!! Love you!!

Kaylee

Koo-Koo said...

That is a really nice pic of all of us. Mom looked really nice in her Mother's Day outfit. We really had a wonderful mother's day and the weather could not have been more perfect!!

We will be praying that your heart scan goes well on Tuesday and hopefully your insurance has cleared you for your next chemo treatment.

Love you,

Koo-Koo

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you lots this week!

KT

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

You are looking great. You really have a very nice head. Not everyone can carry that off, you know! I hope that everything went OK with the insurance this morning and I hope your Doctor's appointments go well. Everyone is thinking of you and asking about you still. I miss you alot.

Take care and I'll be in touch!
Emily