Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Better Late Than Never

Sorry it’s been a while since I blogged. We had a busy weekend and issues with the internet. But we’re back and ready to go.


This weekend, we had Kari and my mom, Carol and Jared over for a delicious BBQ courteousy of my dad and Ray. Before that, Kari went to the race track and placed bets on the Kentucky Derby for us. And we watched the race and rooted for our horses. Unfortunately, none of us won.
Ray's note: Here the three ladies imagining what they'll do with their winnings before the race. Too bad the result was much less than what was expected. My couch could have used a partner...one that I can actually sit in.



Carol and Jared stayed after the BBQ. While we were talking and laughing, there was an unexpected knock at the door at 10:30 that night. Our crazy neighbor had decided she had to use our phone to dial 911. She was saying that her sister was being disruptive, and she needed to have the police remove her. Let me just mention this is the same lady who dials 911 for herself on a weekly basis, and has had a mental health warrant out for her. So we had our doubts about her sister. As she was pretty much prepared to settle in and wait for the police at our place, Carol jumped in and smoothly got her of the house – and kept her out. If you ever need somebody to handle crazy, Carol is the one – in fact, I think she should start a side business to boot out those of warped minds.


Sunday we all relaxed and enjoyed a fairly mellow day around the home. Mom and Kari came over for another BBQ courtesy of my dad. And we called it the night fairly early. This week there’s not much new to report so far. Please pray for my new chemo to work exceptionally well with minimal side effects, and to continue clearing the cancer from my body.


We will post a blog soon to let you know how it goes.


God’s blessings to you all and lots of love and gratitude.


Susan


2 comments:

Kaylee said...

YEAH!!

I wish I could have been there with you! I cannot believe the crazy neighbor...but it is a funny story!

Good Luck today with the chemo, and we are all praying like crazy for you!!

XOXO Kaylee

Anonymous said...

You three girls look so comfy and cute on the coma couch, sorry the races didn't come through for you!!

Love,
KT