Wednesday, May 7, 2008

From Mike's ND cousin!!

This lovely email came from one of Mike's cousins in North Dakota-I thought it was so thoughtful and sweet, and a day brightener, that I would share it with all of you blog readers! Thank you so much Danny for your kindness and thoughtfulness! I know your show on Mother's day will be fantastic!


Dear Kaylee,

My Mom and Dad have informed me that your sister has been diagnosed with breast cancer. I am so sorry to hear it.

I have been given a wonderful opportunity that I would like you to know about. I wrote a musical called "Beneath Our Apple Tree." The first production of it was in February of this year, but I have been asked to have an encore performance on mother's day, may 11th. the Jamestown ND chapter of "Relay for Life" is sponsoring the production and ALL proceeds will go to cancer research.
It is a story about a life long friendship between two women as they face life's struggles including cancer.
Although I certainly don't expect you and your family to come see the show on such short notice, it is important for me that you know that I am doing my best to help fight this horrible disease. Although I don't know your sister personally... I would like you to know that I am presenting this showing of Beneath Our Apple Tree with your family in my heart.

All my love,
Danny Walstad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow !! This choked me up. What a neat kid I always knew Danny was. I would like to see if there is a copy our family could get of the production so we all could watch it here in Minnesota. Thanks Kaylee, for sharing this with all of us. We are praying Sue's levels are all where they should be so she can have her chemo today and that it will be effective with no side affects. We think of you so often Sue and have you in our hearts wanting the very best for you. We love you and care so much. May your day be blessed and may you know of His love for you.

Pat

Anonymous said...

What a great note from Danny! I hope we CAN get a copy of the production, that would be really, really cool.

KT

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful act of kindness from Daniel Walstad. It made Sue feel so good that some one she has never met would be so thoughtfull on her behalf. We all thank you Daniel.

Doug