Sunday, April 27, 2008

Susan's Warm Weekend

Well, here we are Sunday once again. We’ve had a good and restful weekend here in Houston. It rained a little and the weather afterwards was nice. Two accomplishments to report: One, I am able to work out on the back patio without assistance; for those of you who don’t know this, there is a big step there and my legs weren’t strong enough to maneuver well on it.



(Ray’s note: To better understand this, the back patio was where Susan needed constant assistance getting outside and going back in. I noticed as of late, when she required assistance, she only needed somebody to precede outdoors and hold out their hand out to her; she rarely gripped it hard or necessitated that much assistance. So I suggested that she tried it without my help. She was hesitant at first, but she gave it a whirl. She gave it a whirl twice for me and once for her dad. That’s in and out, folks. She’s on the road to recovery faster than you know it).



And, number two, I surprised my mom by taking a shower and getting dressed all on my own. Of course, I had Ray standing by that if he heard a big klunk to come running by.



(Ray’s note: No klunk today.)




The tick hand seems to be smaller than when I went into the hospital. I have more movement with my hand and forearm. I am thankful that it keeps shrinking. I look forward to the day when I can use it more normally.





Last night my dad made a delicious barbeque for us all. And tonight my mom brought over runzas, and Koo-Koo brought delicious brownies. I enjoy the family dinners on the weekends. It’s great to eat with everyone.





To my friends and family in Minnesota: sorry about the snow. Let me know when you want to come for a visit. Hee-hee….





Much gratitude and love to you all. As always thanks for your love, prayers, care, and concern. Have an excellent week.




Susan

6 comments:

Kaylee said...

Thanks for the blogging Sue & Ray! I LOVED Ray's little "side-notes"!! I am happy you are feeling better and continuing to accomplish your goals!! I am so proud of you & I miss you and the warmth of the sun as well!!

XOXO Kaylee

Anonymous said...

Sue and Ray,Thanks for the blogs,I look forward to checking the blog and I am so happy to read of your accomplishments and MD visits/reports!Your Drs.sound wonderful,continued prayers for them to keep you on the path to healing!Keep your amazing faith and strength,you've come a long way!Hello to your family also.PS..Want to buy some SNOW?! Love, Kristi and Sierra

Anonymous said...

Hey Susie - I'm so grateful that you continue to test the waters and get stronger every day - even with your minor setbacks from chemo. You're an amazing woman and I love you dearly. And now you can drink whenever and however much you'd like - oh the things we take for granted. It's so nice that you can have family dinners on the weekends. Hope you have a great day today and a super week. Love you.
G

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great progress Sue! We missed the snow! It was 80 and sunny everyday in San Diego. We had a wonderful time! Yes, family time is so precious! I am home today and missing all the boys. We will pray for continued strength and healing! Much Love to you, Ray and your family!
The Saba's

Anonymous said...

Great job on the progress, that's great! Glad you enjoyed some nice family time over the weekend.

Love you,
KT

Kay Frangos said...

GREAT blog, How SUPER IT IS TO BE HERE WITH YOU!!You are doing AWESOME!! JESUS & ALL THE ANGELS ARE WATCHING OVER YOU! You continue to AMAZE ME! I LOVE YOU