Sunday, April 20, 2008

An Excellent Sunday

Greetings to you all.


We had a very busy ad fun Sunday. It started with Mom and Koo-Koo coming over in the morning for a quick visit. They brought me a new fluffy towel and lotion – thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Mom and I at the front patio. I'm feeling good and I'm wearing the blouse that Kaylee bought me. I love it.




Then Mr. and Mrs. Martinez, Gloria and Jessica stopped by for an afternoon visit bearing gifts of a beautiful bouquet of cut flowers and two plants for our garden, plus two very thoughtful cards from Gloria and Jessica. It was so wonderful to see them and to spend time visiting. They always have great stories to tell and laughs to share. Thanks for making the drive to the city, for lunch, and the wonderful time together.

Ray with his family.

Mr. and Mrs. Martinez, Jessica, Gloria, and me. We had a great lunch together and a wonderful visit.

The remainder of the afternoon was spent outside on the swing admiring my dad’s handiwork in the garden; taking a stroll with Ray; and making some overdue phone calls. Koo-Koo and my mom stopped by to drop off Koo-Koo’s awesome taco salad, and hang out with us.

Ray cooked us a fabulous dinner. That guy can cook like nobody’s business. After dinner dad drove mom and I to the ice cream shop, and she treated us for a little after dinner treat.

Yum! Delicious ice cream. Thank you Mom for the ice cream. Thank you, Dad, for driving.
Overall it was a fabulous Sunday. I hope you all had great weekend and that you have a fabulous week.

As always I am always grateful for your prayers and your love and concern. They lift me higher than I can explain.

Lots of love to you all

Susan


P.S. A special hello to Natalie from Missouri. It was wonderful to receive your letter. I will be writing to you soon. Thank you for taking the time to contact me and share your story.


4 comments:

Kaylee said...

SUSIE!! Nice to see you blogging and you look BEAUTIFUL!!! I cannot believe how pretty and back to normal your face looks!! Sounds like a perfect Sunday, and how nice of the Martinez's to come spend a SUnday afternoon with you and make it so special! Love you kiddo, keep on getting better!!

XOXO Kaylee

Anonymous said...

Susie - You look positively radiant!!! It was great to hear what a super day you had. You're very blessed to have so many family members and friends that care so deeply about you and to have such a loving and caring husband. His Saturday blog was a beautiful testiment as to how much he adores you and rightfully so. I hope and pray that chemo goes well and that all your blood levels are excellent. Keep on truckin lady you're doing great. Love you,
G

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an AWESOME Sunday, yay! That ice cream looks like it was DELISH. Makes me want to go out and get some right now!!

Hope you have a GREAT week!

KT

Anonymous said...

Awesome! *I* was one of those overdue phone calls!

It was great to hear from you again and thanks for letting me know about the site. Now I can give you less grief about not keeping me updated - any lack of updates will be on me. Clever... and you call ME the mastermind.

Stay strong and keep the momentum of victory going!