Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Thoughts on the Swing

Hello, everyone!


Not much news to report today. I had my blood work taken. Hopefully we’ll hear from Dr. Shree tomorrow. We’ll post more once we hear from him. Keep praying for normal sodium levels so that I can go off the antibiotic and drink more.


Tomorrow at 9:30 I go in for my blood check, and hopefully chemo therapy session number 3 in the “party room”.


I had my second shower and I feel doubly clean. I sat on the patio swing for the very first time in what seemed so long. The last time I was on it was moments before I had to go to the hospital emergency room in early March. Sadly it was also my favorite haunt for smoking, and I had my worst craving yet while on it. But I am staying strong and not smoking again.


Here I am sitting on my swing. See? No cigarette in my hand. Nothing under my hat, either.



We’ll have a lot more updates tomorrow. I’m looking forward to the Walstads family arrival on Thursday. Love and blessing to y’all.


Susan

5 comments:

Kaylee said...

YEAH!! You blogged again Sue!! Dad this morning he really wanted to get you on the swing!! You look so cute in the cool black hat just a swingin'!!

We are praying everything goes great at Dr Nyguyen's office and you get a seat in the party room for your chemo!! We are praying for no side effects and your strength!! Red blood cells and white blood cells!! Keep going strong, I LOVE you and can't wait to give you a big hug on Thursday!! XOXO Kaylee & family! :)

Anonymous said...

Sue,

What an awesome day you had. Shower No.2, swinging outside on your patio and looking so sweet with your usual smile. How we are all praying for a good blood report and good sodium levels so you can really start drinking the fluids. How great that you did your own blog again. It was so great talking to you Sun. nite. You sounded like you were getting stronger and able to do more on your own. Praying you have no side affects from your chemo so that you will be able to enjoy the Walstad's visit on Thurs. Keep up your strong and positive attitudes Sue. You are being carried by lots of peoples prayers. Thanks for the update and have a good rest of the week.

Pat

Taunter said...

Just a swwaaaaanginnnn'!

Major victory for you in quitting smoking, Susan - CONGRATULATIONS!

And I'm sure a reservation will be held for you in the party room - do y'all have a disco ball in there???

Love you!

Deb (Taunter)

Anonymous said...

WHHHOOO! I didn't know you were not smoking! Good for you! I know that is very difficult to overcome. And look at you, working on overcoming cancer & smoking! You go girl! I will add that to my prayers for you.... I had no idea. You do look great in your hat and out in the fresh air.
Way to go,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO SUE!! Quitting smoking on top of all the rest, you are a champ! Praying for good labs so chemo can proceed as planned. Cute hat!

Love you,
KT