Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quite the Cake Walk

Hello, Everybody

Huge thanks to Kaylee, Mike, Ash and Al! It was great to have you guys back. I’m glad I was able to enjoy your visit more thoroughly this time. Your visits are really, as Ray so aptly put it, a great beam of sunshine in our lives. Thanks for all the fun and laughs, love and care, I miss you all tons already. Hurry back.


More thanks: Jerod - the fish tank looks awesome and our fish look happy and healthy.


Carol – my wig looks beautiful, and I’m looking forward to some LHOTP time this week. ; )


Deb – your visit brightened my day. Thanks for all of the laughs…I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.



I walked outside to the front of the apartments. Then back to our apartments. Then my dad suggested that I go look at Greenie – my car. By the way, a huge thanks to Kaylee and Ahslee for making her look all nice, shiny and beautiful. I didn’t think I’d be able to walk nearly that far. When I returned to the house, I realized I could have walked even further as my legs weren’t even that tired. I did use my walker outside, but inside I’ve really haven’t been using it. My therapist Velma will be getting my cane hopefully this week.

Here I go between the cars with my Dad behind me and Ray nowhere to be seen.

The day was nice. It was windy. Ray's eating the dust I was kicking up.

We made it! We're standing at the front of the townhomes.
The walk must have invigorated my appetite. I was suddenly hungry for mac and cheese. I told my dad if he’d boil and drain the noodles; I can make it the rest of the way. This is my first foray back to the stove. I really miss cooking. Even though technically this wasn’t cooking, it felt good to be able to be stirring something at the stove.
Mmmm...Mac and Cheese.
Every day I feel God is blessing me more and more with my strength returning. Thank you all for your prayers. I know that it is through God, the doctors’ treatment and your prayers that I have gotten to where I am. You all are in my thoughts and prayers, and I am more grateful than words can say to all of you. Wishing you all a great week.


Susan

6 comments:

Kaylee said...

WHAT?? We leave and you go out and walk?? I missed it? :) I am so proud of you Sue, for your amazing resolve to get up and do things even when youdon't feel good. To continue on with your fab smile and beautiful teeth and beautiful clue eyes shining, keeping that positive outlook! I can see the light at the end of your tunnel and it's not that far away and it's burning brightly! I am so excited to read and see pics of what you will accomplish next!! You are simply amazing and a true inspiration! I miss you guys and can't wait to see you agagin! We are praying for you constantly and faithfully. All my love and prayers and God's grace and mercy to you,

Kaylee & Family

Taunter said...

Speed Racer Susan!

Laughed out loud at the "eating dust" comment - nobody does the dry witticism quite like you, Susan (although Ray has his moments)...

You're welcome for the visit - I'm really looking forward to coming again... This time I will bring the books I mentioned and possibly some cookies or something... Consider me on "stand-by" as to when you want a visit... my Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights are karaoke-free so all you need to do is let me know you'd like some company... I'll be beating a path to your door!

LOVE YOU SUSAN!!

Deb (Taunter)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Sue! It must have felt really great to get outside, do some walking and find your body being able to handle it all better than you expected. YAY! Anxious to keep hearing about your progress. This blog is so satisfying to read, it could become the next perezhilton.com!!

Love you,
KT

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Sue. You sure have made some big improvements. We continue our prayers and the prayers of many others are powerful in your healing process. Keep looking up and clinging to Him. He is the great Healer and is aware of all of your needs. Keep that smile on your face Sue. This blog is so nice. Have a great sunny day tomorrow. Lots of love and our prayers,

Pat

Anonymous said...

WOW - I don't check in for a couple days and you've made what seems like weeks of progress! You're an amazing woman Susie - I wish I could give you a big hug. Sounds like you had a great weekend with family and friends and you look AWESOME! Keep doing what you're doing because it sure seems to be working. We'll all keep the prayers coming. Love you all.
G

Anonymous said...

Sue,I had to laugh at the kicking up the dust comment! Happy to see and hear how well things are going...keep it up! Love, Kristi and Sierra