Friday, April 25, 2008

Another Dose of Good News

Well…she’s been waiting a long time for this. But the call came. She got word from the Doc - Doctor Shree that is, and Susan is now officially off the potassium. She doesn’t have to choke down that vile solution anymore. And more! He’s taken her off her fluid restrictions. She can drink what and as much as she wants going forward. That is great news indeed. So before I forget, Susan says a big thank you for all of your continued prayers. The one wish among the many has been granted.


For much of the day Susan spent recuperating. She wasn’t herself. She’s been feeling fatigued and somewhat yucky. It’s a common thing for her to feel that way a few days after chemo. It’s harsh. But in a couple of days she should feel stronger and have a stronger appetite. That’s the odd thing about chemo. It brings her down and soon enough it makes her feel stronger.


She was strong enough yet to try sitting in different chairs around our home and then lift herself from them. She did very well, she said. She was able to perform her self-appointed trials with ease. It’s good that she’s giving herself things to do to become stronger.


Before I forget, Susan’s mom Kay wanted me to write down her thoughts for the blog. I’m more than happy to oblige her:

“How Great Thou Art! Yes, God still performs miracles! I’m so very thankful and praise Him. My thanks to Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Shree for their wisdom, skills, and super care! And all of you “prayer warriors”: May God bless and give you grace. Sue, your “Sisu” is amazing. I love you and with you continue to say “I trust in you, Jesus.”


That’s about all folks. You all have a good night and thank you for your prayers. And when you get a chance give a shout out to Dr. Shree and Dr. Nguyen. They make a fine team.



Ray

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

Dr Nguyen & Dr Shree:

From the Minnesota sister you have both met I give you a HUGE thank you and prayers for God's richest blessings to you. Please keep on helping my sister to get better and better and stronger each day! You have been amazing in your abilities and I pray God is with both of you on your paths to helping my sister reach remission. Thank you so much for your help, care and concern! We are truly grateful and blessed to have you in Susan's caring hands.

Sue: WAY TO GO!!! You ARE AMAZING! I only have this to say to your "yuckiness", you must take the curse to receive the blessing. I love you and I am so proud of your strength and courage, you are a true inspiration, keep your light shining bright!! XOXO Kaylee

Anonymous said...

"She was able to perform her self-appointed trials with ease. It’s good that she’s giving herself things to do to become stronger."

I see your Kung-Fu is very strong! Keep it up, grasshopper! I am looking forward to the day when you can snatch the pebble from Ray's hand! Until then take care and stay healthy...