Sunday, April 6, 2008

Susan Says....

Hello, everybody – I can hardly believe that it is already the end of the first week of April. March is such a blur to me. I spent time on the blog today getting caught up on everybody’s comments. And again I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for everyone’s love, prayers, and concerns. It overwhelms me so. Also, thank you for all the beautiful cards and letters that were sent. They really brightened up my day.

Speaking of receiving great things in the mail, I can’t believe that I was remissed for not sending a huge thank you to my Sis Kaylee for the great package of wigs, scarves, and hats. Kaylee you are the best. I love you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Here I'm donning one of the wigs Kaylee bought for me. Next to me are the other gifts she gave me - hats, scarves, etc. Thank you, Kaylee!
Me and my wig.
Me with wig and hat!
The week ahead holds Monday physical therapy. Tuesday some blood testing that hopefully will show my sodium at A-Okay levels, and then I’ll be able to get off the antibiotic and finally get off the no-fluid restrictions. But we will see. Wednesday I hope to be in the "party room" having my third chemo session. So keep your prayers coming so that my blood levels will be so high that it will blow Dr. Nguyen away.


I send prayers to each and every one of you.
All my love
Susan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,Prayers from SNOWY central MN.!LOTS and LOTS of snow here..Sierra is hoping for a snow day tomorrow from school!Happy to see and hear things are going good there.Hope your labs are good and you get off the fluid restriction and chemo can go on as scheduled!Keep showing that amazing strength to get thru your daily ''triumphs'', therapies and your next chemo!Love to Ray and your family also. Kristi and Sierra

Kaylee said...

YEAH Sue!!

Thanks so much for the update! It is great to see you on here blogging away about what's up! You were not remiss and I am so happy you liked everything and it all fit and worked out.

We are all praying and praying and praying for your continued strength to keep growing and for you to continue to feel better and better and that all your levels are great and you can have your chemo and drink liquids whenever you want!! We all love you more than words can say!!

Xoxo, Kaylee, Mike, Ash & Alex!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sue on the blog. Thanks so much for keeping us updated. We have Bible Study tomorrow night so we will update everyone and have them continue to pray for you about your blood levels being good so that you can receive your chemo this week. I also put you on Wayzata Free's all church prayer requests sheet. There are so many people praying for you Sue. We think of you often many times a day and say prayers for you and your family. Keep that smile on your face. I love your new hats and wigs too. Have a great week Sue knowing you are so loved and prayed for. Hope we will hear you had a good week.

Our love & prayers,

Pat

Taunter said...

Whoa NELLY!

Susan... you are lookin' HOT in the wig and hat... Tell Ray he better watch out - you're gonna get hit on when you go out in public! :)

THANKS for the blog update! And thank you also for the voicemail - you sound GREAT! It's wonderful to see how you're looking and sounding stronger every day... You are da BOMB!

You are in my thoughts and prayers and coming from the words I speak every day, all day... I wear my badge for the 3-Day every time I leave the house - to remind me of what I'm doing and to ask people to pray for you!

You are beating this EVERY DAY... You are champion EVERY DAY... And when you forget that, let Ray, your Mom, your Dad, your Sisters, your friends remind you 'cause we all know it! :D

Much Love,

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sue, I'm so PROUD of you & your Finnish "SISU" is shining brightly, you've come along way in just one month! I'll soon be trying to keep up with you again!! Bless your smiling happy attitude, you are the BEST patient I've ever had!! My heartfelt thanks to all for their fervent prayers. Bless you! Sue & I repeat 4 words each day- I trust in you Jesus. I love you mom

Anonymous said...

Sue & Kay, tears rolled when I read your daily repeat words... "I trust in you Jesus" ......... That is it! And that is all we can do. No matter how things look to us we have to know he loves us more than we know, think or imagaine. He has our best in mind. And Sue, He loves you and so do we and sooooooo many! Sue, we pray for cont. Sisu!
With love to you!
Lisa & Donovan

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you Sue, thanks for the update and pics of your new wigs and hats. They look "fabulous" as your big sis Kaylee would say.

Love you,
KT