Saturday, June 28, 2008

Some Pix from Sue's Services

Greetings to Everyone-

I miss blogging about my wonderful sister so much and the updates and pics, and how all the comments made her feel so great. She could never believe how any people read, and visited the blog and cared and prayed. I am so thankful for all of you and the hope and prayers that kept her lifted up.I have gone back so many times just to look at it, I just haven't been able to bring myself to write in it and share pics. My dad, Ashlee& I made it back to MN in 23 hrs floating in his boat otherwise known as a Buick RoadMaster. There is a reasone they named it that...it really is the "master" of the road. I hope everyone is doing well and I have thought of everyone often and how much so many of you helped me and supported me while I was planning the services for Sue and in the midst of the horrible pain and realization that she was gone forever.

There is a permanent slide show set to music at http://www.mem.com/ for Sue that was playing during her visitation that you can go to and see. Just enter Her last and first name in the search and it pulls it up and then click on movie. It is really nice.


Here are the service pics:

Earthman Funeral Home Chapel- where her visitation was - thanks to all who sent beautiful flowers. You can see the two sceeens which played the slide show set to music continually throughout the visitation.







Sue's silver casket, Pallbearers are Mike Walstad, Eric Pickett, Alex Walstad, Reuben Arryoa (sorry I can't spell it!) , Steve Wilson, and Jessica Martinez, RAy's sister.

The gravesite, it is in a beautiful cemetary, WoodLawn, and she buried beneath a tree which was filled with wind chimes, which Sue loved and collected. Ray will bring one for Sue to hang in the tree. On the other side were huge blooming flowering bushes.


The chapel at 2nd Baptist where Sue's memorial service was held. It was filled with beautiful stained glass each depicting a scene from the bible. There was about 150-175 people in attendance.

Steve Wilson, Eric Pickett & me (I look horrible and at this point had been crying straight for 6 days.) The 11x14 framed photo of Sue was atthe front of the chapel and also at the visitation. Eric and I spoke at the memorial service about Sue's impact on our lives and the lives of so many others.



Ray gave my mom Sue's car, Greenie. I threw this in here as my mom hasn't driven since 2004 because she hates driving and always has and thought she could retire...but her two main drivers Sue and my dad are both gone, so she has decided she could drive Sue's car and she has been. She said she can feel Sue's presence when she drives. Keep my mom in your prayers....:)
I am also going to get Eric's speech and copy it here and also a copy of mine for all of you to read if you so desire. Please take care and i will post "stuff" here, I just don't want it to become Kaylee's Journey .....
XOXOX Kaylee




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Kaylee... Out of habit I have been checking the blog everyday.

Anonymous said...

As with the last posting, We check it daily as well. For those of us unable to come to Houston for the services, we really appreciate the updaes. Thanks Kayle! Ray, Kay & Kari we are anxious to greet you with a hug and be whatever support we can be.
We love you all,
The Saba's

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog Kaylee - I look forward to reading the speeches and wish I could have been there. Hope you are all holding up ok. My thoughts and prayers are still with all of you. May God wrap you in his arms and hold you tight during this difficult time.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted on the blog, Kaylee. I'm looking forward to reading your messages from Sue's funeral. I know how difficult this is for all of you but remember God will not leave you comfortless nor forsake you. Sue was such a loving, giving and caring person. God loves her and so do we, in life and in death. May God's love and Peace be with you all, Auntie Helen

Anonymous said...

Kaylee...Thanks for sharing the photos and the link to view the touching slides...you all are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Patti