Monday, June 23, 2008

Thank You

Just a quick post to thank everyone who attended Sue's visitation, burial and/or funeral. Everyone of you helped so much to give us all the strength to get through these few tough days. All of your prayers, kind words, hugs and stories really did help lift the heavy sorrow. Thanks so much to Pastor Jeff Calhoun, for his amazing kindness and family visits and prayers and for going the extra mile and making Sue's memorial service so special and memorable. We will be eternally thankful for your presence.

It has been the hardest time in life so far, but I am going to start each day like Sue did, finding something to be thankful for and thanking the Lord. I am thankful to have had a sister as great as Sue, even though her loss right now is unbearable, it is true, it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.

SUsan's company, Thomas Properties was also out in great numbers to show their respect and freindship, and we are all so impressed by everyone. Thank you all for your support, food, kindness, stories...you were all amazing. Thanks for following the blog and for your prayers. I will never forget any of you.

The burial and service today went beautifully, and when it was all done I was emotionally and physically exhausted. I am sorry for the people I didn't get to talk to. Thanks again for coming and showing support for Susan and Ray.

Speaking of Ray, he was also amazing and courageous and strong. I am so proud of you Ray. FOr everything, for wanting to do the very best to memorialize Sue. Everything was perfect and you planned it from the start to finish. I felt really good about everything when it was all done, more than good-so so so happy by how nice it all was and how well it all went and how many people came to show their love. I was amazed by how many people Sue had touched in her time in Houston. It is going to be hard to go back to my life and not have Sue to talk to and laugh with...but I will see her again, I KNOW IT!

Thank also to Deb for the beautiful songs and to Eric for his very funny and poignant eulogy today, let me know if the jury comes in on the ghost thing...!! Thanks to Steve & RUben for being pallbearers and for just being there to support our families. You guys were awesome!! Mary, Mo and the others who chipped in and brought us food, and then showed up for everything and stayed til the end to offer your support, you are awesome!! I know I am forgetting people, and I am sorry...I am a little brain dead from all this and Ashlee and I are leaving tomorrow with my dad to drive his car back to MN.

Oh...thank you for all the beautiful flowers, phone calls from my friends and family back home and for your breast cancer donations!!!!!!! The flowers were beautiful and there were so many!! I will add more, but I just want all of you to know how much each and everyone of your prayers and care meant to all of our family!! Take care and may God bless each and everyone of you.

XOXO Kaylee

7 comments:

Taunter said...

Kaylee... You are welcome! I know I've said it several times and I will keep saying it - it was an honor and privilege to sing at Susan's memorial... just as it has been an honor and privilege to be her friend.

To Ray, The Frangos', The Walstad's and The Martinez's... My deepest sympathies and love. It saddens me how out of touch I've been with all of you and that it takes a tragedy like this to bring it home. Please know that I intend to maintain Susan's legacy (love that word!) by keeping in touch with all of you. Should there ever be a circumstance where I may be of service, please know you have only to contact me.

Much love,

Deb (Taunter)

Anonymous said...

It was awesome to see how many people Susan was able to enrich just by her knowing them - and that's speaking for everyone who was able to attend. I'm certain there are countless others who have been touched by Susan that we have yet to meet!

It was a truly sad day, but the strength of her family and the class and beauty of... well....everything made it rise above just being a day of mourning. We all said goodbye to an awesome person, but we also celebrated her life - which is exactly what Susan would've wanted.

To everyone making the long trip back up north today, I wish you all a safe journey. Houston is gonna miss ya!

Ray - anytime you need a friend, a movie buddy, a lunch buddy, or if you just want to catch a fight on TV - let's do it.

To everyone who was able to attend Sunday and/or yesterday - thank you. The family needed your support and even your presence was enough to provide some comfort. And to all who went above and beyond to help - you know who you are and why you rock. I know you rock too.

And finally, Susan - I miss you. And if somehow you have broadband up there (hopefully not Comcast) or you're just looking over Eric's shoulder before you get to haunting, just know that you are loved. There were so many times yesterday that I heard your voice in my head... what I imagine you would've said to this or what you would've commented about that. In my head you sounded happy. That's probably because in my heart I knew you were.

And I even hear you now, wisecracking about 'voices in my head'.

Anyhow...

Thank you to everyone who honored one of my best friends. Take care...

Anonymous said...

BTW - anyone interested in doing so can contact me at steven.wilson@blackbox-vs.com

Thanks!

Koo-Koo said...

I want to thank everyone for their love and support these past few days.

These were the hardest days of my life. Susan's visitation and memorial service were beautiful.

Our family is so grateful to everyone that was touched by Susan's life. She will be greatly missed!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am eagerly anticipating a haunting!

Anonymous said...

Kaylee,
Thanks for theupdate. We wish we could have been there with all of you. Again, we are so sorry!
The Saba's

Anonymous said...

I worked with Susan while she was at Accenture (then Andersen consulting) in MN. I just found out about this news today and would like to extend my condolences to her family & friends. She was great to work with, she kept a humor in the storm of daily troubles work presented. Her passing is quite a loss but knowing her is quite a gain.