Saturday, June 7, 2008

Captain Susan & Family

Helllo and a hearty yo ho ho to you all!
What a great week we've had! Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. To make up for it a bit here is a little sumary and some photos from today.

Starting last Saturday we are attending the little farmer's market that I used to visit all the time. Its been fun to be back! We took photo's the first time but, we didn't know that the memory card was not in the camera so we can't get them to upload onto here. We went again today but, forgot the camera! BUMMER! We will try to remember next week!

We went to a fundraiser for Captain Lily's Pirate Team for the three day walk coming up in November. Deb donated her expertise and time by running a karaoke show and my sis Kari bought food, auction items and spent hours decoraing the bar tonight. It was such a fun time!! THanks to everyone who showed up sag and donated. This was my first big social outing since I became sick. I surprised even myself that I was able to stay as long as I did!



Captain Susan at home before the event

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! A toast to everyone!


Pirate Mom!


Dad makes a cool pirate too!



Having fun at the fundraiser!!!




Koo-Koo in her awesome Captain Susan t-shirt created by Deb

Also, on Thursday my old lunch buddies Eric & Steve picked up lunch and came over it was AWESOME to see them and chat. They rock!!!
I hope everyone is having a relaxing and fun weekend. As always thanks for all prayers, positive thoughts love and care. I pray that the Lord would bless you all with whatever you need the most.
Lots of love,
Susan











7 comments:

Kaylee said...

SUSIE!!

Yeah! You went out and had fun! Awesome! I loved seeing mom and dad in the pirates hats!! Ash and I are wondering what is in Koo-Koo's hair?? Thanks Kari & Deb & everyone for all you did to raise $$$ for breast cancer research-that is a really BIG deal!! I miss you and love you Sue & family-take care of yourself and keep smiling! Remeber, "happiness" is choice despite your circumstances and it makes a big difference in your success on your journey....anyone's really. I am PROUD of you Sue!1 XOXO Kaylee

Koo-Koo said...

I was wearing beads that I got at the fund raiser. I moved them to the top of my head so you could see the t-shirt. I should have taken them off...oops.

What a wonderful fundraising event they had at Jumps!! I hope that a lot of money was raised and I just want to thank Deb for all she did to make our team a part of it.

I was so happy that Sue was able to go and stayed as long as she did. She looked great in her pirate hat!! I am proud of you sister!!

Love,

Koo-Koo

Anonymous said...

I hope you got my msgs... I've been busy injuring myself and being sick all week. I'm sorry I missed out on all the fun, but you looked like you were having a great time! As soon as I shake the last of this cold... I'm coming over!

Kay Frangos said...

What a FUN night! You made a most BEAUTIFUL pirate, should have had a picture of your AWESOME pirate shoes too!! I love you & God is GREAT! Bless everyone for cont. prayers for the lymphedema clinic this wk may that arm shrink & fluid disappear forever! Also, blood levels to stay UP as chemo Wed. My heartfelt thanks to each of you with love & prayers mom

Anonymous said...

How cool are your friends/family for putting together a fundraising event! It looks like a good time was had. I love your pirate hat! Glad you were able to get to the farmer's market, and enjoy a lunch with your friends. Praying for a great visit to the lymph clinic this week!

Love you,
KT

Anonymous said...

Hello Sue!
Looks like you had a great night out. Good for you!
LIsa

Anonymous said...

The pictures of everyone were great! Looks like a good time was had by all - so glad you were able to push yourself above and beyond for the fundraiser Sue - you have become an amazing woman and have given all of us strength in your courageous journey. I will continue praying for you all. Know that you are very special and very loved. Love you.
G