Thursday, June 18, 2009

Please Share Your Favorite Memory of Sue!!

Greetings- I also thought on this one year, it would be nice to share our favorite memories of Sue!! I am in the process of turning this blog into a book, and thought that would be fun to have in it!! Thanks and I hope all of you who have loved, prayed for and cared about Sue are all doing great. Bless You all. Kaylee

One My Favorite Memories of  Sue:


Susie always liked to play little tricks and jokes on her fave people, and one of her favorite things to do to ME was to send my kids things she knew would freak me out!! The last thing she did was for Alex's birthday, she came across a man selling alligators (dried) and alligator heads, very homedone taxidermy, and she bought a head, wrapped it up and sent it to Alex for his bday, he opened his package excitedly as it was rom Sue and he knew it would be different and special, and it sure WAS!! It stunk, and as he unwrapped a real alligator head, he was sooooo happy, I couldnt believe it!! I was so mad!! HAHAHA, thinking about it now makes me laugh again!! She knew I would be and that Alex would love it so much I would have to let him have the bacteria ridden smelly head!! I miss those surprise packages....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to post this from my phone for days, but for whatever reason it wasn't working. I rarely use a computer with my high falutin' phone!

My friend Bob and I went to IHOP one morning for breakfast, and soon after the waitress brought me a note... "thar be pirates afoot!".

Guess who sent it?

We hadn't planned to meet there, but as always, Susan made running into her as much fun as possible.

I think about her every day, and I miss her so much. I have something for all of you I made with her flowers, but of course, I never get around to distributing them. I guess I'll use the utter chaos that is my world as my excuse as usual.

I hope you all are doing well>:)

Taunter said...

I don't have any one specific memory of Susan but rather the culmination of many evenings spent sitting in her living room or out on her patio, smoking and talking... She was the "wise woman" that I went to for advice and consolation... Just talking to her always brought me peace. I miss her outlook on life and her sage advice... There are times when I'll think, "I wonder what Susan would say about this?"... I've passed on things she told me to others as well... so Susan's wisdom lives on.

Thanks for continuing to update this blog, Kaylee... I don't visit it nearly as often as I used to, but when I do, there's always something here to remind me that I'm not the only one with a "susan-shaped hole" in my world.

Love you,

Deb aka Taunter

Michelle said...

When I was in grade school, I remember getting Sue's graduation photo in the mail and thinking she was so pretty.

I took the photo to school to show my beautiful cousin to all my friends!

She was beautiful inside and out.

Love, Cousin Shelly

JoAnn said...

Wow, leave A comment? That's sort of a tough one since there are soooo many from our first meeting on the softball field in junior high 1982...the countless hours we spent talking and drinking coffee at Byerly's ridgedale or Perkins on 394, the sleep over's at your house, me smashing of the downspout from trying to manouver big red out of your driveway, Sue exposing me to punk music (before they were taken away, you know she knew where they were hidden didn't you?), parties at Jenny Felt's house, the time we were at anotehr party when Sue's dad busted us (thanks Kaylee!), hours we spent chatting at her wharehouse aprarment.
We've always kept in touch regardless of where she was living. I have some letters from her when she was living in AZ, I must go back and re-read them I am sure they will bring back even more memories.
I have a Sue shapped hole in my heart too!!

Unknown said...

I am sooo sad to hear about Suzie Sue. She was one of my favorite people at Hopkins High. She was older and I always felt like her younger brother. We were denizens of the art department - terrorizing Brad, Vern and Mel. We would also hang at the North Door or Uptown on hot summer evenings. We were rebellious and laughed a lot. She is a bright spirit and I miss her. The universe is fortunate to have her spirit to play with again.