Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's Been One Month...

Well. it's been a month since Susan departed our world for Heaven....and it feels like it was yesterday, still very fresh and still very painful. I decided to put a few pics of Sue on the blog because I thought some unseen pics might help us all remember Sue before she got breast cancer. I am so surprised at the amount of people still going ot the blog....it was really a daily habit for many of us, and hard to imagine it is over...we planted a beautiful flowering crab tree for Sue's birthday and Ray and mom and sister came up from TX and we had our Pastor dedicate it, and then we let 70 purple and silver balloons into the air...it was so cool! It's really hard to believe I will not see her again until my time here is over. I miss her terribly, I think I always will. My sister in law, Lisa gave me abook which I am reading right now called HEAVEN, by Randy Alcorn that is awesome. It is quite interesting in case any of you want to know what Heaven might be like....

Also, this blog was given some note of "art" distinction here on blogger....I thought that was cool. Take care and I am sure Ray and I will be blogging occasionally still....so stick around friends!



Kari, our sister dragged us to a "Cat Show" in Houston, even Ray had to go!! He drove us! Ray LOVED it...(wink, wink) We even got our pic taken with a celebrity cat!! We laughed about that for ever!!
Alex, Sue, Reed Herman & my brother in law Donovan Saba, what's interesting about this pic is that it is Easter and Sue called me to see if she could bring 2 friends who had no place to go for Easter..I said sure, the more the merrier...Reed entertained all of us with his various tattoo's and stories and the other guest was Lonnie, a magician who was also fabulously entertaining. She always was making sure everyone was ok and had somewhere to go....I will miss her interesting friends and mystery visitors...

See Sue on the left, she always helped plan and entertain for my daughter Ashlee's (her niece) birthdays, as Sue LOVED birthdays and loved helping!! See how happy she looks as she leads a game of duck duck gray duck!!


I took this pic of Sue in our office on a sunny day, it was one of her favorite's because the sunlight on her face wasn't so obvious until we looked at the pic!!
Take care til I see you again.
XOXOXO Kaylee



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see the pic's and remeber back to some good times that we were able to enjoy Sue's company! We loved her laugh!!!!!! And her cute little fingers.
We love you, Lisa & Donovan

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you're keeping the blog going! I once heard that "the tears will turn to smiles as you enjoy the memories..." I think blogging about the good times with Sue will bring out those smiles and wonderful memories.

You're all still in my thoughts and prayers. I think about Sue everytime I see or hear something about pirates. And, with two little boys who enjoy pirate-play...I think about you all often.

Blessings to you all, Cousin Shelly