Monday, February 23, 2009

One Year Ago...

One year Ago....on February 22nd, 2008


            We found out Susie had breast cancer, and this blog began.
With hope, with courage to the very end, Susie, my wonderful sister
                                                   went
              to fly on angels wings, and soar amongst the stars
                    to look upon our dear Lord's face and 
                              see those gone before.

                     I know she is watching over all
                   that she loved and held most dear.
                       forever now and ever more
                          in my eyes most clear
                   I will see her shining smile and face
                          and burning in my heart
                  a love that time nor death can tear
                          a sisters love apart.

One year since Sue found out she had cancer, and 8 months since she passed away, and the sense of loss is still profound in a way I cannot describe. I miss and love you Susie, forever and always in my heart.

Love your big sisco, Kaylee



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaylee:

That was so beautiful, it
truly warmed my heart so much. I want you to know your little pal diaper loved you so much. My heart aches so much, but I
know Sue knows how much we all love and miss her.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Kaylee,

My heart aches and goes out to your family. I know you all miss Sue so much. It seems like just weeks ago that we heard about the cancer.


Donovan


I love you very much.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaylee & Family,

It is still so very hard to beleive that she is no longer here but the good news and the joy is knowing to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. I don't know if I ever told you that Emily and I use to spend our lunch hours watching "A Haunted" because we were so curious about the after-life. Susan's desk was near the breakroom so she would hear us and come in and explain certain things to us because she knew about it all. I was so amazed by listening to her. It was like having our own ghostbuster on hand! She is still very much missed around here. She was certainly one of a kind and I don't think she really knew how much of an affect she had on us around here.

Koo-Koo said...

Oh my word...that was truly beautiful. I don't visit the blog as much as before but today I wanted to see the cute picture of her. I have been missing her so much this past week that I wanted to see her beautiful smiling face. Sue was loved by many people. There is a place in my heart which holds her close.