Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October was Susie's Fave time of the Year....

Greetings Everyone-

I feel like blogging a little this month and have asked Ray to as well. This is a really tough month, I mean they all really are without Sue and all the reminders of her joyful funloving personality...but she loves October, why you ask (most of you know)-she LOVED Halloween and the man she loved and married has his birthday this month as well on October 21st. Both tough days, so please keep Ray in your prayers! I have decorated the tree that was planted and dedicated in Sue's honor at my house with Halloween stuff and I have room to add a few things if anyone would like to send me something to put on the tree!! Let me know, just email me!

Thanks for all the emails and cards and stuff. I really appreciate everyone. Below I am putting my eulogy that I wrote and read at Sue's memorial service and our tree dedication. I will still put Eric's on here as well. I just need to get it from him!! Take care and I hope this finds everyone doing well. God Bless You all with whatever it is that will bring you joy! XOXO Kaylee



Susan’s Eulogy
By her sister Kaylee

Susan was our baby sister, the youngest of three girls and an angel sent here on earth. She had an instantaneous way of touching everyone’s lives she came in contact with by her genuine interest, care, concern and love for others.

Susan exemplified selflessness; she always put everyone else ahead of herself and never asked for anything. She felt she “had it all” with the love of her husband, family & friends, everything else was secondary to her.

While her “journey with Inflammatory breast cancer became a short trip, she inspired me and so many others with her unwavering faith, hope and daily courage. Each day, she told me she was going to find something to thank the Lord for and to be happy about, and she did. She was truly amazing and I will use her example to help me through this and the other unknown challenges I will face in my life.

Susie was best friend, confidante, and “go-to” person my whole life. She was a fantastic listener, always had a ready smile and laugh and most importantly, she believed in me. There is a gigantic hole in my heart which only her love and friendship can fill.
Susan loved her animals, they were her babies and as they came and went, she never forgot any of them, especially her beloved dog, Olli who faithfully stood by her side through the ups and downs of life.
Susan’s husband, Ray was truly the love of her life. She was filled with so much joy and happiness over their interests and love of cartoons, sci-fi & horror movies, bookstores, and discovering cool new restaurants. I am so thankful for Ray’s presence in Sue’s life and for the love they shared. Susan loved to experience life and she had a beautiful time on her journey with Ray.
Susan’s passing has taken the “sting of death” away from me, because I know she is soaring with the angels in Heaven and hers will be the first beautiful face I see when I join her there someday. I will miss her immensely and think of her and keep her memory alive in my heart and thoughts every single day I have left here on earth.
Thanks to all of you who vigilantly & faithfully lifted Susan up in prayer as she battled the terrible cancer that had invaded her body. Thank you to Ray, Susan’s husband, the Martinez family, my family and all her friends for helping Sue’s life journey here be so full of love and joy. Thank you to Susan’s company and co-workers for standing by her faithfully as she valiantly tried to get her body back to normal so she could return to the job & co-workers she so loved.
I cannot believe someone who meant so much to so many is forever gone from this earth, but her goodness, kindness, love, joy, courage & faithfulness will be remembered and is truly an example to all.Susan may be gone, but she will never be forgotten. I love you Susie, you are always and forever in my heart and mind!

No comments: