Monday, October 20, 2008

In Honor of my sister Sue's Memory


Well, I got my courage up and in honor of my sister Susie, I *gulp* got a tattoo!! And in Las Vegas, no less! As many of you know this is Sue's favorite season, Halloween was her favorite holiday, but really Thanksgiving and Christmas were also!! Sue loved gatherings of family and friends and I wanted to do this to keep her memory close to me for all time. The tattoo is on my ankle and I am terrified of needles and pain, but I got my courage up and it really didn't hurt that much!! The idea was my daughter's and I am super happy to have done it!! I hope this finds all of you doing well and enjoying the fall weather. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ray tomorrow!!

XOXO Kaylee










5 comments:

Koo-Koo said...

Way to go!! It is awesome!! I just wish I could see it in person as I am sure the picture does not do it justice.

I am proud of you as I am sure it was a painful experience. Plus, why not get a tattoo in Vegas!!!

Michelle said...

Wow!! It is beautiful! Sue would be proud of your strength and courage! (I still don't have a tattoo because I'm afraid of the pain...)

I've been thinking of you all this month! Blessings to you, from us.

Cousin Shelly

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is really cool Kaylee. I am thinking about Ray today as I think it is his birthday today.
You are all our our minds and in our prayers.
With love,
Lisa & Donovan

Anonymous said...

I listened to Style Counsel “CafĂ© Blue” during the week. I obviously thought of Sue. She turned me on to a dozen bands that I now love! Sue’s influence changed much of the music that I listen to. I will always think of her when I hear these great songs.
Love Donovan

Taunter said...

Kaylee -

LOVE the tattoo!!! What an awesome tribute to Susan - I think she'd love it... :)

Just FYI... My band played at jUMPs last night and we raised a little over $200.00 for the 3-Day team... So far we're about $700.00 from our goal of $10,750 (a number we chose cause Susan's birthday was 7/5)...

David D will be walking in opening and closing ceremonies with an "In Honor Of" flag... I will make sure to take PLENTY of pictures so y'all can see what an impact Susan is still making in the world!

On another note... if you have a high-resolution photo of Susan, I'd love to get my hands on it. They'll blow it up and hang it in the "Memory" tent during the walk... You can send it to my email...

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you -

Love,

Deb (Taunter)